Wifflin' for Wishes
When - August 4, 2018
Registration Deadline - July 6th
Where - Hammond Park - Sandy Springs
Time - 10:00
Cost - $25pp
All ages welcome
If interested in registering a team or as an individual contact us so we can get it set up for you.
We started this fundraiser to help grant wishes for children with critical illnesses. Together, we can do it.
Wish kids are some of the bravest and sweetest kids you'll ever know. They wish to work in a pickle factory, become a superhero, go snorkeling, give their baseball team new uniforms, and push all of the buttons in a tall building's elevator. Their innocence and unexpected wisdom stays with you.
Make-A-Wish grants thousands of unique wishes each year. A lot, yes. But that's only 50% of eligible kids. We are fundraising so more deserving kids and their families can know the happiness, relief and renewal a wish can bring.
Please help by contributing to our fundraiser. Every dollar matters.
Thank you for your support!
The Goal is to get 16 teams, cost $25 dollars/person, You will receive a Shirt and guaranteed 3 games.
We will run a HR Derby, cost $5 dollars/try and can enter as often as you wish as well as a 50/50 raffle
1) The tournament will be a One-Day, Round Robin Style Tournament, and Guaranteed 3 games, top teams advance for Single elimination playoff(8 teams if we have 16 teams)
2) The maximum number of teams permitted to register will be 16, 4 groups of 4
3) Tournament games will be held at Hammond Park in sandy Springs. The Soccer Field will be divided into four wiffle ball fields
4) Base paths will be 45 feet, unlike Wiffle Dixie force outs at first will be at first base not the pitcher mound
5) Each team may consist of 7-10 players (For every 2 Men you need to have 1 women). So if you have 7 players you need 2 women and if you have 8-10 players you need 3 women) 7 players can play the field at once. All players on each team must bat in a consecutive batting order. There will be no substitutions in the batting order. Each player is not required to play the field.
6) A member of the hitting team who is not then At-Bat or On-Base will pitch to his or her own teammates. Three strikes or a foul ball on the 3rd strike shall be ruled an out. 5 pitch maximum per At-Bat, after 5 pitches is an out.
7) Responsibility of Pitcher- Pitchers (of the batting team) will not be responsible for playing defense. If the pitcher is struck by a batted ball, the batter is out and runners must return to the base occupied at the time of the at bat. In all other situations, the pitcher must move clearly out of the way of a defender making a play or the potential path of a throw.
8) 8 run maximum per Half Inning
9) Game length will be the shorter of 40 minutes or 5 innings
10) Teams will run the bases.
11) There will be a Dead Zone for hitting but you can run into HR territory to steal a HR. All players must be in the field of play before a pitched ball is hit
12) Bunting or “chopping” will result in an out
13) No Gloves or Cleats (Turf shoes are ok, most people just wear sneakers)
14) Standard Yellow Wiffle Ball for Men, The Black Easton bat for Women (we will supply all equipment, no outside equipment allowed)